Arrange the procedural steps, from start to finish, that are required to prepare an azo dye from aminobezenesulfonic acid and phenol via a diazonium salt, and then test its ability as a dye. Drag and drop the answers into the box in the correct order. All answers must be used.
1. Add the contents of the test tube to ice cold hydrochloric acid.
2. Filter the precipitate and wash with sodium chloride solution.
3. Remove the strip, rinse with water, and record the color when dry.
4. Add sodium nitrite solution to the test tube using a micropipettor.
5. Place aminobenzene sulfonic acid and sodium carbonate solution in a test tube, and warm on a steam bath.
6. Dissolve the azo dye in water, then immerse a fabric strip into the solution and heat for 10 minutes.
7. Add phenol and sodium hydroxide while cooling in an ice bath.
a. Start of Lab
b. End of Lab